Thursday, February 23, 2012

So excited for Lent!

I love Lent!  I know that might sound strange, but I think it is truly the most wonderful time of the year.  I think taking a few weeks to reconnect with God, to pray more, to sacrifice gears; us up for a year of living closer to God and living out His Will for us.  It also is a nice way to count down to the start of spring - aka glorious sunny, warm, sandel-wearing weather!

After Lent comes, obviously, Easter.  And Easter is my favorite holiday. I know there would not be a Easter without a Christmas, but I feel like Easter is the really the best day of the year.  It is such a joyous, hope-filled holiday.  I mean, the birth of a baby - esp. a baby who is God made man and here to save us, brings us abundant hope and joy, but I just know that all things are possible with God when we celebrate Jesus rising from the dead and fogiving us for all the terrible sins we commit, again and again.  It also seems like Easter has not become as commercialized as Christmas.  I feel like the day is still about going to Church, rejoicing, feasting and celebrating - the whole Easter bunny deal hasn't really seemed to catch on too well.

The mysteries of Easter are what we constantly turn to all year - the Eucharist is the center of the Mass and our lives. 

Here's wishing you a very holy, blessed, transforming Lent!

No comments:

Post a Comment